United States History - Decades Dress Days
Description: Decades Dress Days are an optional extra credit opportunity for any interested students in U.S. History classes. The assignment requires you to research the style of clothing appropriate for the decade being studied, wear the outfit in your classes, and collect the signatures of your various teachers.
Extra Credit Points: You may earn 1 point extra credit for each class you attend while wearing your decade appropriate clothing. You may earn two points for wearing the outfit during U.S. History class for a total of 8 points!
1. Dress in clothing appropriate to the era on the day assigned.
2. Carry a picture with you at all times that you have modeled your style of dress after.
3. Have each teacher sign your permission slip to state that you wore the clothing during their class period. (No signature = no credit!)
4. No face paint or hair dye.
5. No hats or glasses – except in U.S. History class.
6. No clothing that otherwise violates school dress code, such as revealing, offensive, disruptive, etc.
7. Your teachers have the final say on whether or not the clothing is appropriate!
8. You may participate in a maximum of 4 of the 8 dress days during the semester.
9. Dress days will occur the day of the test for each unit.
10. Turn in your signed permission slip the day of or the day after the dress day to receive credit.